Thursday, March 5, 2009

I have Endometriosis.

To learn more about that click here.

Previously, I blogged of the possibility that I may have Endometriosis. I had the surgery on Wednesday, March 4th, and it turns out that the diagnosis returned positive. It's been a long time wondering, and I was filled with so many emotions that day. I turned to Mike and said, " I have it. I have Endometriosis." I barely got through half the sentence before I began to sob the words. I cried with complete joy and utter relief. I finally know what's wrong. I am still sore and lack energy, but so happy that the wait is finally over. They burned off the tissue with a laser as soon as they discovered it through Laparoscopy and now I will contine to follow the treatment taking Depo Provera, which is a form of birth control used to treat Endometriosis. It's an injection that needs to be taken every three months with a needle, and it completely stops your period. Without my period, I should no longer experience any pain. Currently I have pain killers and anti-inflammatory medications. I also have urinary tract antibiotics because unfortunately, my surgery caused me to have an infection. Now I'm on a healing road, and recovery is going super. I am so happy that now I can begin to live a healthy life again. I have so much news about the lovely evening that followed my surgery, but I will fill you in on that later :) As for now, I'm great, life's great and Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment