Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Feliz Cinco de Mayo


West Side Montreal 
I went to the movies all by myself. Actually I went to the IGA and bought some pre-packaged sushi first for supper. Two thirds of it was delicious but my last pieces were gross. Put one in my mouth, chewed it, realized I couldn't swallow it, spit it in my hand and chucked it. I spilled a little bit of soya sauce on my car seat. Oops. 
I didn't exactly know what I was doing when I started driving. I gave myself two options: grocery shopping or mall. When I realized my body was driving past Loblaws I figured it meant it wanted to go shopping. The mall was closed. It closes early on Mondays and Tuesdays. The movies weren't closed though. There weren't any movies I really wanted to see. Adventureland was playing at 7:30 and it was 7:30 so I said ok. The movie was the same: ok. I thought it was going to be a funny movie but it was more like teenage life/love movie. I mean, blandish. It had potential. I like the actors but not the flick. 
I'd never gone to the theatres alone before. I wore my green skort. It's the only thing in my wardrobe Mike doesn't like. I love it. It's one of my most favorites. It's waist high. I love that. It billows. I love that too. Coming home from the theatres I wanted juice or something. I don't usually buy juice for my fridge. I figure if I don't it's better that way. It is. I drink water all the time. It's my favorite thing to drink. It's so wonderful. I like it cold. It's such a luxury if you think about it. You should think about it. @casiestewart knows. She does. Lots of people don't get clean water. It's very sad. Water is so beautiful too. 
I walked into the shop and stared at all the drinks. There's so much to choose from. Lots of weird stuff. All these fantastic tasting drinks with no calories. That's strange. Cola. Sunny D. Did you know there's canola oil in Sunny D? Yuck! I realized I wanted a beer. I wanted Heineken. I don't really drink that stuff but I wanted it then. The lip of the bottle is rounded and it feels smooth on my mouth. I'm drinking it now. I only bought one bottle. I've never walked into a shop to buy a single beer before. 

I like to be quiet sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment