Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rain, Rain, Rain, more rain... and snow?

It was snowing this morning in Montreal! Yikes! I really think its the sun's turn to shine- pun intended! :)

My umbrella definitely felt like a cool, smart accessory this morning matched with my riding boots, mock leather jacket, purple neck scarf and owl pendant. At first it fashionably sheltered me from the rain, but then it began to snow, and holding the umbrella suddenly felt so silly. I didn't think about it too long because the wind picked up fiercely! So I closed the umbrella anyway before losing it to city streets.

So this morning, I got my first, real massage ever. Of my life. My friend Ashley Schinck is in school studying massage therapy @ Institut Kine-Concept on The Plateau a.k.a East Montreal. She had a stage today on which she will be marked and asked me to be a recipient to her massage. Hmmm, lemme think about it..... YES! 

It was amazing! At first I found it was hard to relax and it felt strange. I still haven't figured out why. In any case I felt the atmosphere was comical and I'm naturally bubbly. I mean, one of my closest friends was massaging me while I was half-undressed, strangers (her teachers) were watching occasionally and really corny relaxation music was playing...that kept skipping. Eventually I succumbed to serenity when I turned onto my belly. I stuck my face in the hole. Haha that sounds so funny, and it looks even funnier!

Anyway, before the session I ate a 'sammich', as I like to call 'em, so I wouldn't be hungry during the massage, and this is what I gathered from that:

TIP OF THE DAY: Don't eat an egg salad sandwich before getting a massage.

My insides were grumbling and I was deadly afraid of an accidental release of a bodily function- catch my drift?

No comments:

Post a Comment